Please click here for a printable PDF version of this notice.
- The types of personally identifiable information collected about you during your relationship with SHOP MA, Inc.
- How we use and share the information that we collect from you.
- The choices you have about the collection, use and sharing of your personally identifiable information.
- The types of security procedures we take to safeguard your personally identifiable information.
- How you may access, update and change personally identifiable information you've provided.
- Other Information.
Our mission is to provide the most compelling shopping experience for our customers. We want you to feel safe while visiting the Site. This is why we ask you to read our policies and give your consent to proceed, enabling you to navigate in our websites knowing why we collect your information and how you can interact with our websites. When we process the information you give us, some types of which we outline below, our goal is to be clear about what information we collect and how you can make choices about your data. We listed some actions you may take as follows:
- Unsubscribe from marketing emails: For example, if you no longer desire to receive marketing emails on your email account, you can always click on the unsubscribe link provided in the footer of our emails. Please see instructions below.
- Accessing your data: You may want to access your data, or you would like to edit your data in case information is incorrect or incomplete. You may want to transfer your data within sites. The only thing you need to do is to follow the steps provided on below.
- Withdrawing consent: You may want to withdraw your consent; we will follow up on your request, we will collect no additional information and no longer be able to process your information. Please follow the instructions below.
- Deleting your data permanently: You may want us to forget about you. If you want us to delete your information from our database, we will be able to follow your request in a timely manner unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or for legal purposes. You acknowledge and agree that once we erase your information from our system, we will not be able to identify you. Therefore, if you attempt to come back to interact with our websites, all your information that we store for you for your convenience will no longer be available there. For example, your basic information such as profile, history, preferences will be gone. You may want to consider all of that before you make this decision. Please see instructions below.
We aim to maintain our websites as a safe place to interact; therefore, we have several systems in place to protect your information from accidental or malicious misuse or destruction. Because of this, it may take several steps to do what you asked, especially to erase your information. We may not immediately remove information from all areas of our systems. Therefore, it may take several days until we will be able to complete this task.
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve the shopping experience at the Site.
- Types of Personally Identifiable Information We Collect: While you visit the Site we collect various types of personally identifiable information (PII). Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information You Provide Us. Much of the personally identifiable information we receive comes directly from customers who are interested in obtaining various products and services by shopping at the Site. Typically, this information includes your name, postal address, email address and telephone number. We may also collect other types of information such as gender, age, number of children, and personal interests, which we may associate with personally identifiable information. If you purchase products or services through the Site, we will note, for example, credit card information, the type of services or products ordered or purchased, and the date of the order or purchase. With your consent, we collect personal information when you register, log in to, or visit the Site, including when you participate in activities on the Site, such as by placing an order, completing a user registration form or online survey, creating an address book, using our shopping or gift services (including eGifts, gift certificates, gift registry, bridal registry, reminder service), or participating in a rebate offer, game, promotion, contest or sweepstakes.
- How We Use and Share the Personally Identifiable Information We Collect:
- Use by SHOP MA, Inc. We may use personally identifiable information for Operational Uses such as helping to establish and verify the identity of users; opening, maintaining, administering and servicing user accounts; processing, servicing or enforcing transactions and sending related service communications; providing services and support to users such as eGifts, gift certificates, gift registry, bridal registry, reminders, rebates, contests, sweepstakes, and address books; improving the Site (including tailoring it to users' preferences); providing users with service or product updates, promotional notices and offers; responding to your questions, inquiries, comments and instructions; and maintaining the security and integrity of our systems. We may also use personally identifiable information to provide offers, promotions and product updates to you via standard mail. Your email address and other personally identifiable information may be used by us or any subsidiary, parent, affiliate or other corporation into which we merge or is otherwise acquired or sold, in whole or in part ("affiliates"). We welcome you to post reviews, comments, articles, stories and other appropriate content; send ecards and other communications; and submit suggestions, ideas, comments, questions or other information. You can also share your shopping ideas, ratings, reviews, purchases and other information through Facebook and other third party sharing features. Information or content submitted may be used by us or our affiliates to provide other consumers with product reviews and shopping information. If you do post content or submit material, and unless we indicate otherwise, you grant us a nonexclusive, fee-free, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such content throughout the world in any media. You also grant us the right to use the name or hometown that you submit in connection with such content. Your personally identifiable information may be used by us or any subsidiary, parent or other corporation into which we merge or are otherwise acquired or sold, in whole or in part ("affiliates").
- Use of Your Email Address Or Email Address You Provide to Us.Your email is considered personally identifiable information. In addition to other ways we are permitted to use personally identifiable information, we may also use your email address for processing, servicing or enforcing transactions and sending related service communications; providing users with service or product updates, promotional notices and offers; and/or responding to your questions, inquiries or comments. Your email address may be used by us or any subsidiary, parent or other corporation into which we merge or is otherwise acquired or sold, in whole or in part. If you like to refer a friend to our Site, invite your friend to visit our website. When they sign up, our website will ask him/her who did the referral.
- Use by Merchant Partners. We share information about you with our Merchant Partners for Fulfillment Uses such as using your address for shipping and other contact information for purposes of processing, servicing or enforcing transactions and sending order status and other related communications. If you order products from Alice.com they will receive your order information, name, address, telephone number, age and gender, as well as any other information necessary to properly fulfill your order. Their treatment of your Personal Information will be governed by the terms of their Privacy Statement, which we will always provide for your review during checkout, when an Alice.com product is in your cart. You can contact each Merchant Partner by clicking on the "Stores" tab, then locating the particular Merchant Partner and finding contact information in the "Store Info" link.
- Co-Branding Partners. We have Co-Branding Partners that provide unique benefits to certain loyal customers. In Co-Branded Partnerships, we may acquire, share with our Co-Branding Partners or use personally identifiable information identified in paragraph 1.a., above, to communicate special offers, provide additional benefits or for other related uses.
- Independent Shop Consultants. In order to provide the best service to our customers, we will assign you an Independent Shop Consultant. We share your order information, some of your personally identifiable information and information about your spending habits with the person or business entity assigned as your Shop Consultant.
- Charitable Organizations. We may offer opportunities for you to make purchases or donations to promote the charitable mission of certain organizations. When you participate in these offers, your personally identifiable information may be forwarded to the charitable organization so that it may recognize your donation and provide follow up communication.
- Affiliate, Parent and Subsidiary Companies. In order to provide the best service to our customers, we may share your personally identifiable information and information about your spending habits with our Affiliate, Parent and Subsidiary companies, including without limitation, Market America Worldwide, Inc., Market America, Inc., Shop.com Market Place, Inc. and Market Australia, Inc.
- Third-Party Marketers. We do not rent or sell your personal information with third-party marketers without first obtaining your consent. If this policy changes in the future, we will post a notification of those changes to the Site.
- How to contact us to manage your personal data:
- How to unsubscribe from marketing emails: If you no longer desire to receive marketing emails on your email account, click on the unsubscribe link provided in the footer of our emails.
- Accessing your data: To access or edit your data, please contact: [email protected]
- Withdrawing consent: You must be logged in to access this feature. If you have an account, please log in.
- Deleting your data permanently: You must be logged in to access this feature. If you have an account, please log in.
- Security Measures to protect your personal information
The security and confidentiality of your information is extremely important to us. We have implemented technical, administrative and physical security measures to protect your information from unauthorized access and improper use. On a regular basis, we review our security procedures to consider appropriate new technology and methods. Please be aware, however, that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100 percent secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your email address, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Whether you're ordering a catalog or making a purchase, we want you to feel safe and secure while visiting the Site. You can also feel confident making purchases from established Co-Branded Partner sites. To ensure that your credit card information is even more secure, we use secure sockets layer (SSL) software (which encrypts the information you input) when you give us your credit card information. We encrypt all credit card information and store it on a server that isn't accessible on the internet. Once we store that information, it cannot be displayed anywhere on the Site. Internally, we take extra caution to limit access to customers' information. Only a few individuals within the company are given degrees of access to customers' personal information according to job function and necessity. Access is granted to these employees through special passwords. All employees are kept up to date on our security and privacy practices. Finally, the servers that store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment. If you have any questions about security on the Site, you can send an email to us at [email protected]
- Other Information
- Child Use. We do not knowingly collect personal information from, or sell products for purchase by, persons under the age of 18. We sell children's products for purchase by adults. Do not provide information to us, or purchase from this Site, if you are under the age of 18.
- Legal Disclaimer. We may disclose personal information when required by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the edicts of the law or comply with a legal process served on our Site.
SHOP MA, Inc
1302 Pleasant Ridge Rd.Greensboro, NC 27409
USA Email: [email protected]
Hours: Mon-Fri 9:00 am - 9:00 pm EST Last Updated 04/19/2018
OFFICIAL LANGUAGE VERSION: To the extent that there is any inconsistency between the English version and any translated version of these policies and terms, the English version shall be controlling.